Well I suspect that people already know about this. I didn’t, so I felt like blogging about it. Often when searching for specific directories on google it can be a pain in the ass, I mean you can combine “inurl” and “intitle” but still… so the other day I stumblod upon this nice feature of the “site” command. you can actually append a directory name to it!!
That actually seems to yield better results. For example I used it to search for a specific directory on some TLD and it worked fine. I particularly like it because it makes searching for a specific directory with specific characteristics a lot easier. A nice example to try for example could be, it results in (almost) only include directories which allow directory listing:
site:org/include/ intitle:”index of”
If you stretch it even further you *COULD* argue that you can do a directory search withouth actually hitting the target, of course it would be limited to the directories indexed by google.
If you already knew it then oh well…if not enjoy.